Overall Job Purpose
Overall Job Purpose Ensuring compliance for all VAT, Custom Duties and PAYE. The role focuses on the remittance of VAT, import & export duties and PAYE payments, returns, and the research of tax inquires. The Tax Accountant plays an integral part in supporting senior finance management in areas of tax compliance, internal control and financial reporting.
- Manages all VAT, PAYE and Custom Duties of the business under the direct supervision of the Accounting Superintendent.
- Prepares, organizes, and compiles data for the preparation of annual filings and statutory tax returns for VAT and PAYE. Reviews and approves treatment of import and export entries ensure correct taxes are paid by Goods in Transit team.
- Prepares tax estimates and planning and becomes highly involved in tax planning.
- Reviews tax accruals and taxing authorities’ draft responses and notices.
- Take ownership and key contact for Zambia Revenue Authority for VAT, Custom Duty and PAYE.
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of tax/accounting experience. Qualifications
- Full grade twelve (G12) school certificate.
- Degree in Accounting and professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ZICA etc.) or studying towards that.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).